Monday, August 20, 2007

Wow! Race week is here!!


Hey, thanks for tuning in, and thanks to everyone who has cheered me on in this endeavor!
Wow! I can't believe it's finally here...Race day is Sunday, August 26th, with the swim start at 7am Pacific time.
I'll be posting some info here, and be sure to check in to www.ironman.com for live coverage on Sunday.
To provide a better live experience I've also built a website at www.watchmyrace.com (please excuse the early design, and it will go live later this week, so keep checking....).
Here's a pic of my ride Saturday after the race tune-up, on my way out for the last 40 miles of training before race day. It's all rest and light workouts for the rest of the week, with travel up to Penticton, BC on Wednesday for race preparation.
I will of course be overjoyed just to cross the finish line on the second Ironman for yours truly. With a good race and a lot of luck I also hope to cross the line near 10 hours and 20 minutes which gives me a chance at landing a qualifying spot for the Ironman World Championships in Kona on October 13. Keep your fingers crossed!! :)
Stay tuned,
Greg
PS. To recap the fun I had with my brother Jarrod at Ironman Australia in April, check out my race videos at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ByDWvHlxg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlDhtDBAZU and the blog at www.ironmanaustralia.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck my friend Greg! We have candles lighted, fingers, arms, legs and toes crossed for your ultimate success!

All of Laguna Beach, CA is cheering you on, and if you stop for just a moment - listen to the wind - and you will hear all of those collective cheers from the beach - just for you!